- 31-Oct-2012 to 01-Apr-2013 (EST)
- Dealer Operations
- McLean, VA, USA
- Full Time
NADA offers a generous benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance. NADA also offers a matching 401(k) plan, Educational Reimbursement and generous Paid Time Off.
Title: Manager, Member Publications
Dept/Location: Resource Toolbox (200160) / VA Office
Reports To: Manager, Sr., Resource Toolbox, NADA University
Responsible for developing'annually'a list of new and revised management publications (Driven guides) and for producing those and other documents published and distributed by and for NADA University. Manages the product life-cycle of all Resource Toolbox online documents. Assists with the creation of marketing materials and member communications, and provides reference material for staff.
• Supervises development of annual list of Driven management guides consistent with dealer member interests and needs in the successful operation of their dealerships.
• Reviews and evaluates current library for curriculum gaps and topical issues best presented through publications (as distinguished from online courses, webinars, workshops, etc.).
• Surveys all stakeholders (members, staff, industry partners, board of directors) to solicit input and ensure publication list is timely and useful, and conducts periodic surveys post-publication.
• Engages and oversees in-house and external subject matter experts to write, edit, and/or contribute to guides.
• Writes, edits, rewrites, revises, proofs, and maintains Driven guides, coordinating processes for legal review, design and layout, copyrighting, cataloging, and online posting to NADA University LMS.
• Determines suitability of whitepapers, special studies, etc., for inclusion in Resource Toolbox and directs online posting.
• Manages creation of NADAPerks, NADA U News, and other documents published and distributed by and for NADA University.
• Writes, edits mass emails'including video emails-- about NADA University offerings, researching and implementing the latest in mobile and other technology to increase reach and efficacy. Maintains a consistent branding image in all NADA University communications.
• Tracks analytics and provides reports to key staff.
• Performs research to expand industry knowledge/expertise in developing, writing, editing, and revising written materials.
• Develops process for regular reviews of posted guides, including updates according to a consistent schedule.
• Evaluates NADA University online content and modifies as necessary to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and consistent branding image.
• Assists with the creation of online courses and evaluation of existing e-learning products.
• Continually updates NADA University Style Guide and other references for staff use.Edits materials from all NADA University sources as needed.
• Represents NADA at the annual convention.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
Position requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field, plus a minimum 5-7 years' experience in publications management, including coordination of full life-cycle of publication production.Demonstrated experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be detail-oriented with ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Proficient in MS Office and page layout programs. Experience with e-learning including writing content & designing online courses a significant plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must have the ability to travel.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!